Kohl's Cash is a type of coupon that is given out during special promotional events held by Kohl's. It can be earned online, in stores or at a kiosk during one of the events. The amount of the coupon is determined by the amount of money you spend on a purchase during the event. Here is a breakdown of how it works:
- Kohl's Cash events are advertised on the homepage of the Kohl's site as well as through their other advertising methods. The promotion dates and times are based on Central Time.
- If you spend $50.00 (before tax) at Kohl's during one of the Kohl's Cash events, you will get a $10.00 Kohl's Cash coupon.
- For each additional $50.00 that you spend during the event, an extra $10.00 will be added to your coupon.
- The Kohl's Cash will be sent to you via email. You can also print, email or download it directly from the Kohl's site. If you want to spend it in a store rather than online, you can either take a printed copy of the email with you, or an associate can scan the bar code in the email directly from your mobile phone. 
Eligible purchases to qualify for the event include:
- Sale items
- Regular-priced items
- Clearance-priced items
However, gift cards are excluded.
The coupon that you earn cannot be redeemed for the following items:
- Kohl's Cares merchandise or other charitable items
- To pay off Kohl's Charge balances or other third-party charge balances
- To adjust the price on past purchases
- To purchase gift cards
It also cannot be redeemed for cash. Instead, you can apply it to future purchases at Kohl's. Keep in mind, however, that there is a limited window of time during which you can redeem your coupon. The redemption period should be printed on the coupon itself or included in the email that you received.
This video does a great job of showing how to redeem your Kohl's Cash: