A great method to prepare your turkey is to deep fry it. While this may sound like a daunting task, it's actually pretty easy. Here are the instructions:
• A small to medium sized turkey: Something less than 18 pounds works best, because if you use anything larger you’ll probably burn the skin before you cook the bird (and perfectly fried turkey skin is the best part).
• A very large stockpot: You’ll need a pot big enough to completely submerge the turkey, generally something with a capacity of 40 to 50 quarts.
• A fry basket or a brace: The brace should be big enough to hold the bird, but small enough to fit inside the pot. The brace also needs a handle so you can lift the turkey out of the pot.
• An outdoor burner: Don’t even think about doing this indoors.
• Thermometers: It’s good to have an oil thermometer and a meat thermometer. Extra points if it’s infrared.