Making money online is a dream of many, but also a reality of many. Just a few ideas include the following:
1) Online tutoring (usually for college sophomores or older).
2) Blogging in a specific niche in an authoritative and informative manner. Traffic can mean sales and banner or ad revenue.
3) Freelance writing. Content is king online, and new stories and articles are always needed.
4) Get paid to do surveys. Opinion polls, academic studies and marketing surveys are always being run, with rewards ranging from cash to gift cards.
5) Selling things. EBay is famous for this, but other options include Craigslist, Amazon and Etsy.
6) Work-from-home freelancing. Writing, editing, transcription and microtasks are available for pay at places like Amazon Mturk, Odesk and OneSpace.