I also work from home, 100 percent. I do not own a home based business, but there are definitely both positives and negatives to working from home and having a home based business. It is up to you to decide if the good things outweigh the bad.
-You get to be your own boss. Anyone who has ever been a part of the world field knows that having to answer to someone is not always fun, especially if that person is difficult to deal with. When you have your own business, you do not have to worry about that. 
- You get to choose your hours. Obviously, you typically do not get that kind of freedom when you work for someone else or a business. With having your own business, you get to choose when to work. 
- You do not have to travel. Not only does this save you time, but it saves you money on not having to pay for gas, lunch, and other work-related expenses. 
- Distractions. While it is great to have the freedom of not having to answer to someone, there is also a good chance of getting distracted. Your best friend may call, a child may need your attention, or your mother may stop by for a coffee. These distractions may take it longer to get work done. 
- You may not have enough space. When you run a business out of your home, you will need to create a space to work. This can be hard if you do not have a spare room to do so. 
- It can get lonely. Some people never realize how much they miss being around other people all day until they start to work from home. Sure, work will keep you busy, but what about those lulls when you have nothing to do.