Periscope is a live streaming app that was purchased by Twitter and officially launched in March of 2015.  Since then, it has experienced explosive growth, with millions of new users jumping on board.
Using the app is fairly straightforward. Here is a quick breakdown of the app's user interface and features so that you can get a better idea of how to use it:
1. Download the app to your phone or tablet. It is available for both iOS or Android device. Once the app is installed, sign into it using your Twitter login details.
2. At the bottom of the app, you will see four icons. Tap on the first icon, which looks like a TV. Here, you will see a list of the people you are following who are currently broadcasting. Simply tap on any of the broadcasts to join them and start watching them. Below that, there will be a recent section showing any broadcasts that have been done by people you are following in the past 24 hours.
3. Tap on the second icon, which looks like a globe. This section shows a list of broadcasts that are happening around the world right now. You can either view it in list form, or you can switch to Map view, which allows you to select broadcasts to watch based on their location.
4. Tap on the third icon, which looks like a camera lens. This tab allows you to broadcast your own live streams. Simply tap the "Start Broadcast" button and your phone or tablet will start broadcasting what it sees to the world.
5. Tap the fourth icon, which looks like a group of people. This tab allows you to search for people to follow. You can search for them based on their real name or on their Twitter handle. When you find someone you want to follow, simply tap the plus sign to start following them.
To follow the artist that you want to see, you would first log in to Periscope. From there, you would tap on the fourth icon and search for them by name or Twitter handle. Once you found their profile, you would tap on the plus sign to start following them. At the time of the broadcast, you would log into Periscope again, tap on the first icon, and their broadcast should show up on your list. Simply tap on it to join the broadcast and start watching.
This video does a fantastic job of walking you through the process of using Periscope: